D Day Memorial



The D Day memorial in Bedford, Virginia is one of the most creative tributes I've ever seen. Like the Korean War memorial in DC, lifelike statues and surroundings put viewers right in the middle of the action. I was truely able to "flash" in my mind to what those beaches must have been like. The soldier lying on the ground tugged at my heart and made me ever so thankful for those that serve.



Out from the water sprays "bullets." The sound it makes fills in the overall picture even more. I can just imagine these two men trudging through the wet sand. The photo on the bottom makes me feel victorious just looking at it. However, some of the men saw no victory. They were much like the man represented at the top, laying down his life for his country.



Comments

spanky said…
Some great photos. I'm going to have to make the trip there one day soon.

da6d

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Gran Quivira

Fantasy Vs. Reality