Signs of Something More?

Brian and I saw similar signs to the one above at almost all the ruins we saw in New Mexico over Labor Day weekend.  They made me wonder how often rattlesnakes approach the area when humans are present.  We also saw mention of what to do when confronted by a large animal, such as a wildcat.  "Make yourself look larger" the warnings said.  How does one do this?  And do people actually remember the warnings if they are approached by a dangerous animal?Honestly, although I was aware of my surroundings the entire time, I was not worried.  I felt relatively safe staying on the trails with other people in the afternoon heat.  The rattlesnakes can have all the privacy they want, however. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Gran Quivira

Fantasy Vs. Reality