Contrasts

This snowy picture was not taken from one of the recent storms, it was taken in March 2008 when Brian and I were still living in Keller, Texas. I chose this today for two reasons; both which fit today's theme of contrasts. First, I like to compare the few inches that we received then to the feet that we got here in Maryland, just a couple weeks ago. That blog entry from last week will show the huge snow barrier we still have (although a bit melted) at our condo. The other fun contrast is the snow landing in the pool. I love it. The beautiful, clear water meets with fluffy white frozen flakes. I think of God's creation, and how only an orderly, intelligent Creator could produce a habitat such as earth, one where hot weather cycles with cold, and one where snow can pile up in different places at different times, but the promise of spring is just around the corner. I think it would be boring to have the same climate year round, all over the globe. despite my preference for tropics, there is something peaceful about slowing down and watching that first flake. At our Bible study last night, we talked about the recent snow, and the idea of letting all of lives distractions fade away, and focusing on spending quality time together. The next time the weather puts a kink in your plans, stop and think: what does God want me to learn today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Gran Quivira

Fantasy Vs. Reality