Things Are Just Things

This is one of the many beautiful vehicles that Brian and I saw this weekend at Stuttgart's Porsche and Mercedes Museums. When I was a kid, I wanted a Porsche someday. I didn't know anything about the car other than it was beautiful, fast and way out of my price range. My first car was a hand me down from my mom; a 1984 Olds Delta 88. It was big, brown (I preferred to say "cinnamon") and was definitely a hooptie. The radio only worked when you banged your hand under the dash, and eventually stopped working at all. However, God used this big, ugly vehicle to save my life in a head on collision with a drunk driver who had no license and no insurance. He drove off and was later caught by the police. The car was totaled, but all of us in the vehicle were okay. I've since driven many different vehicles, but I am always thankful that my first car was built for safety. Safety ratings are still an important factor when I choose my cars today; even so, any vehicle can be deadly. Please drive responsibly when you are out there enjoying the summer sun. If you drink, please select a designated driver. Have fun, be safe, and take care...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Fantasy Vs. Reality

Gran Quivira