The Church I Grew Up In...

Most of the photos from our travels are to far away places that we only see once or twice in a lifetime. This, however is the stained glass from the church I grew up in. I've seen elaborate cathedrals and temples, but the stained glass dove at the first church I remember and the church I accepted Christ at is perhaps my favorite stained glass illustration. I love its simplicity and meaning. I was baptized just below this window in the baptistry. We were in Texas for a family wedding, and took many photos. I wanted to share something with my readers without posting family or friends for privacy reasons. I chose this photo and leave you with this verse:

John 1:32-34 KJV

And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

33And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

34And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Gran Quivira

Fantasy Vs. Reality