Viewpoints

One of the reasons Brian and I like to see old castles and ruins is because we have an active imagination, I am sure of it. There's nothing like climbing steep stone staircases and peeking out through old windows and doors to wonder what it must have been like hundreds of years ago. Fortifications were often built on high, so as to have the advantage over the enemy. Also, I'm quite certain being able to look down upon your subjects brought satisfaction to the leaders of that day. I think the fact that these delicate little wildflowers are growing at the top of this structure that was used for such heavy military action is amazing. What stories could be told from these walls!

Comments

Unknown said…
It almost reminds me of the show "Life After People." The earth seems to quietly take back its territory when we leave things alone. Nice to see life where fear and oppression might have once resided.

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Gran Quivira

Fantasy Vs. Reality