I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day...

I could live in Santorini (Saint Irene in Greek--at least that's what we were told). There. I said it. Or I could live on Mykonos. I don't remember which island this one was taken on, but they are both very similar with architecture. The white washed buildings, the blue domes on the Orthodox Churches. All very beautiful...Beautiful structures on rocky, largely infertile soil. I have had friends who are/were part of the Orthodox Christian churches and they talk about the "smells and bells". It's true; we stepped into a couple of small chapels and the incense and peacefulness of it all makes on feel reverent. The bells I didn't get to hear, but I could imagine the sounds. There were little chapels all over the islands. I wonder what Christmas is like; if the sun still shines and if the sky is still blue. My point is; this place has a quiet beauty to it that makes me want to return there. Perhaps someday I'll come back and relax on the beaches or at a cafe and take it all in one more time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
such a beautiful crisp looking little church.awesome!

John (scrounger)

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Gran Quivira

Fantasy Vs. Reality