Talking History


Recently, I talked with a friend about the places I've been. She and I have a shared experience in moving, traveling, and exploring our world. We also have a shared faith, which led to the pictures seen here. We were talking about our past travels to London, and she asked if I had been to the British Museum. "Oh, yes," I said. "I loved it...the Rosetta Stone was incredible," I continued. Unfortunately, I had only gotten the glossed over tourist view of the grand museum.

"The next time you visit London," she said, "let me know and I'll give you some papers that I have from a visit we took." Those papers were a guide of sorts, tracing Biblical history via selected artifacts at the British Museum and the National Library. Just a short time afterward, my husband surprised me with a trip to London. I got the Biblical history guide from my friend, and Brian and I saw the museum from an entirely new perspective.



Instead of going through the harried maze of tourist highlights, we toured at a more leisurely pace. Looking at reliefs from walls that had burned in cities (all part of fulfilled prophecy) and seeing statues of kings that were part of the Biblical His-Story, helped to reinforce the amazing accuracy of a book so carefully written and preserved. Only an omni-powerful God could oversee such an amazing project.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Gran Quivira

Fantasy Vs. Reality