Perspective, Part II

I'm still fishing through the old to-be-sorted file. A couple of weeks ago, I posted on the perspective of seeing two different scenarios from one window. This time, my thoughts on perspective are a little different. This photo from a hotel in Mexico reminds me of an art class I took in college. We had to sit out in the hallway and draw perspectives much like the photo above. I'm sure the lesson was an important one for the artist, but it's also an important one for us as individuals. Don't loose your focus. Right now, I'm taking a Bible study on finding God when we're stuck in the wilderness. Life gets difficult. Illness, accidents, jobloss, the loss of a friendship, failure in school, so many things take our focus off of God and and puts it onto ourselves. This self centeredness keeps us trapped in negativity and keeps us from seeing what God has to offer. In this photo, most of what you see is concrete and bland. Through the doorway at the end of the hall you catch a tiny glimpse of lush greenery and sunshine. Think of your life like this: God wants you to see His blessings, but sometimes we have to wander through a concrete tunnel to realize just how much He loves us and provides for us. My friend, please do not give up while you are still in the tunnel. Pray to God. Read His word. Let Him lead you to greener pastures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Gran Quivira

Fantasy Vs. Reality