Bridges


Venice was unlike any city Brian and I had ever been to. I looked forward to walking around in the auto free zone and not having to dodge crazy driving, but I didn't think about the bridges. We're used to walking; we walk often in the evening, up and down hills in our neighborhood, and we walk a lot on our travels. But the constant up-and-down stairs reminded me that I wasn't accustomed to that type of walking. I felt even worse about my lack of fitness when I realized that the deliveries had to be carted over these steps. In the mornings, we saw a lot of men about, pushing carts of produce, office supplies, etc., over the steps and down the narrow alleys. To get to where they were delivering, they had to find a way to carry it all. In the same way, to get to our tourist destinations, we had to walk across many bridges, some large, some small, some one-right-after-another. It was a beautiful walk, though, and well worth it. There will be bridges in life that have to be crossed in order to get to the next season of your life. Some will be harder than others, but there is no other way around it than to climb, one step at a time. The cold murky waters are not worth wading through, trust me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Gran Quivira

Fantasy Vs. Reality