Bike From the Past

This motorized bike, an early prototype of today's motorcycle, looks painful to me. Who wants to sit on what is an uncomfortable, unmoving saddle and have to lean over, holding on to handlebars that surely will give you blisters? I don't know if this thing ever actually worked, but could you imagine this thing trying to whiz around through traffic? I'm sure the helmets were just as awkward back then. This vehicle on display at the Mercedes museum reminds me of my own life. Sometimes I feel awkward, like I'm just not quite there yet. I stumble and fall, make bad decisions. Compared to today's sleek machines, this bike certainly hasn't arrived, but for it's time, it was a stepping stone toward better transportation. Then I realize that, as human beings, we're a constant work in progress. We should be relying on God to help us grow. If we don't study His word and pray for guidance, we'll be stuck with our lives resembling a stiff, unbending metal antique bike. Not going anywhere spiritually. If we do look to Him, though, we'll slowly be transformed. Yes, we'll still have moments where we stumble, but He'll help us stay on track if we let Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Gran Quivira

Fantasy Vs. Reality