Hmm...


Sometimes I wonder why my ceilings don't look like this. Or my windows? I guess nobody wanted to hand lay the beams, carve the designs and paint intricate details the day my rented town home was being built. Perhaps the stained glass contractor was sick that day, or on vacation, and that is why my windows are large, plain-jane square boxes. Instead of wooden shutter doors, my windows have the German style roll down shades, which are nice, convenient, but still plain. I actually like the simplicity of my house, but I sometimes like to think about the skill these builders must have had. No modern design programs on computers, but rather paper, hands and talent.

Comments

Angela said…
That is a beautiful ceiling. I thought those blinds were a pretty neat invention...made me feel secure. Also the door had a lever on the inside that changed it's position and it couldn't even be opened with the key. Do they still do that?
Amber said…
I'm not sure about the door...Maybe Brian will pitch in and answer that one.

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Gran Quivira

Fantasy Vs. Reality