Vegetation!

Did you know that some of the Greek Isles are mostly rock? Uninhabitable places? I didn't, either, until our cruise. Other parts of Greece do have vegetation, though, as seen by the palm and the cactus. The country's landscape is diverse and every day on the cruise a new adventure.
I particularly like the notion of the cactus by the water. I think more often of desserts and cacti together, and certainly there may not be much rain in a given area, yet the water surrounds it. So close, yet so far? I chose the below archway to go with today's posting to show the plant life growing all around the stone, crowding out the manmade structure. Sometimes life thrives in the most unexpected places!

Comments

Angela said…
How pretty! When I was in elementary school studying other countries in geography, I always chose Greece as the country I would most like to visit. It was because of the pictures of the ruins. They fascinated me. I never got there though. The only ruins I saw were in Trier.

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Gran Quivira

Fantasy Vs. Reality