The Atomium in Brussels



This is the Atomium in Brussels, Belgium.  Cute, isn't it?  Brian and I went a year or so ago.  It was originally built for the 1958 Expo World's Fair.  Each of those metal balls are actual rooms and there are several stairs and an elevator inside to get around with.  Because Brian and I like weird architecture, we thought it would be fun to explore this place.  Unfortunately, so did lots of other tourists.  There was a fairly long, slow line to get in and it was rather crowded.  Not to mention, the people working there were not very friendly that day.  The bubbles were filled with tourists and we only got to see a small part.  If I sound like I'm complaining, I probably am.  I am human.  I distinctly remember that day and how we almost let the crowds and rudeness steal our joy of seeing this really cool, funky place.  What is stealing your joy today?  Don't let the little things get you down.  God wants us to give thanks in all circumstances, and I am thankful for our travel experiences.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Gran Quivira

Fantasy Vs. Reality