Wonders



Matthew 27:50-53

50Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
 51And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
 52And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
 53And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

These particular verses describe something not usually discussed in churches during Easter (or Resurrection Sunday) services.  In all the pageants, sermons and praises I've come across on the subject of Christ's resurrection, I can't recall a discussion on the saints that arose "and appeared unto many."  It is difficult to imagine what this must have been like, and I also wonder which saints actually arose at this point. There is very little detail here and yet it was mentioned in the Bible.  I don't have any answers on this topic myself, only that it is one of those questions I have in my list of "things to ask God someday in Heaven".  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Gran Quivira

Fantasy Vs. Reality