Harts and Hearts



These pictures were taken at a friend's wedding at a North Carolina winery about a year ago. I thought the colors were stunning! God's paintbrush whips through the sky creating combinations that even the best human artists can not capture. Just now, when I was looking through photos, trying to decide what to post, I came across the one below. For some reason, the following scripture came to mind when I noticed the pond:

Psalm 42:1 KJV "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

No, that isn't a typo. Hart is an old/middle English word for adult male deer. In more modern versions, the word deer is used. However, I think the poetic beauty of the words stands out better with the older version.

No matter what version of the Bible you prefer, make sure that this verse rings true. Make sure that your soul yearns for God.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Gran Quivira

Fantasy Vs. Reality