Legacy


I can't imagine what it would be like for the clothes I wore in life to be on display for all the world to see. Brian and I returned to London for yet another Valentine's tea (see last year's post around Valentine's Day 2009). We were pleased that after several visits, we were finally able to visit Kensington Palace. It had always been closed or otherwise off our itenerary for one reason or another. I have to admit, I was slightly disappointed. I enjoy touring castles, palaces and other historic sites, no matter what state of upkeep or disrepair. But I couldn't help but feel that the exhibit of Princess Diana's dresses was merely another extension of society's obsession with her. The very obsession that I believe contributed to her death. The dresses were beautiful, and there were other (unrelated) exhibits that I found interesting. But I would have liked to have seen more about the person behind the dresses. I would have liked to have learned more about her humanitarian efforts; more about who she was. I have to pause and wonder what she would think about this exhibit; would it please her? What kind of legacy do you want to leave behind some day? If your life were part of the history books and museums, what would you want people to see to represent you?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Gran Quivira

Fantasy Vs. Reality