Longing...

This grainy photo wasn't taken with our best camera or lense. Despite this, I can still see the beauty in the mountains, the ripples in the lake, the snow on what I remember was a May or June (!) day years ago. This photo, no matter how unclear, causes a longing in my heart. It sits lost among the "pictures to be sorted," but I felt it needed to be highlighted today. I feel myself wanting to be riding through the mountains, pulling off to take in the amazing view. I find myself wanting to get on a small boat, weaving through the hidden corners of lakes and rivers, listening to the ripples of the water and the rustling of animals in the trees. I want a long, gentle hike through the woods, and to share with Brian a picnic of simple yet flavorful food and drink. I long for a quiet, peaceful moment in which to reflect on life, and listen to my Creator.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Gran Quivira

Fantasy Vs. Reality