God is Awesome!

Before you read any further, go back to my January 25th blog entitled "Memory Lane." Read it. I had posted a picture of a restaurant in Schwetzingen, a nearby town to Heidelberg where we lived in 2005-2006. Three weeks ago, Brian interviewed for a job. He received a call soon after saying he was selected. Today we received the official offer and we should get the orders next week. You have probably guessed it by now: We are moving back to Germany! His job is in Schwetzingen, but we'll probably seek housing closer to Heidelberg. Talk about answered prayer! The photo above is the palace grounds in Schwetzingen. I cannot believe this amazing timeline! I had no idea when I posted the photo in January that we'd be returning there so soon, or even at all!

In Ruth 1:22, Ruth and Naomi reached Bethlehem just as the barley harvest was beginning. In chapter 2, she is able to glean behind the harvesters and have an overabundant supply of food to provide for her and her mother-in-law. The timing here is incredible; the fact that they arrived at the start of the barley harvest allowed her to have plenty of food.

I feel that the timing in this move is noteworthy, too. Our USAREUR driver's licenses will be expiring soon, but we'll be there in time to renew without re-testing. We decided to sign a second year on the lease in March, despite the fact that we wanted a less expensive condo. (Military clause allows us to leave). The Ruth Bible study I'm leading goes through the first week in May. My mom was planning a visit (but nothing was purchased yet), but now we'll be able to visit her and the rest of our family. I got to "check the box" on some places on the east coast that I wanted to see (although there are always more!) There are some other interesting things that worked out perfectly with the timing, but I won't bore you with all the details.

Thank you, God, for allowing us this blessing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Gran Quivira

Fantasy Vs. Reality