Last of the Bizarre Storefronts: Rhino

Before Easter Sunday, I was posting some random storefront signs from London a year ago. They were all the same store, and I think I promised the Rhino storefront before continuing on to blog about something more substantial. So here it is. Now, this one actually has mannequins clearly visible in it, which is probably a good thing, since the point of all this creative marketing is to get you, the mere window shopper, to come inside and update the wardrobe. However, I generally am not on a safari in Africa; and I'm quite sure that if I were, I would not be wearing silk dresses.

As much as I like this from an artistic standpoint, I find myself trying to stay true to my blog and find something redeeming to say about it, so here goes my moral of the day: we shouldn't be too focused on material goods. What we wear, so long as it's modest, isn't all that important. I learned many years ago after losing almost all my earthly posessions in a moving fire that what matters more is our faith in God.

Matthew 6:19-21 (King James Version)
19Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Gran Quivira

Fantasy Vs. Reality