A View From Afar

I have been in knots about our move this past week. If you read last Friday's post, you'll see that Brian and I have an incredible opportunity to move back to Heidelberg. (The view from our old flat is seen above.) Something else happened this past week that caused my excitement to wane. There's a volcano in Iceland that I'm not going to try to pronounce or spell at the moment. The ash from this Icelandic volcano shut down airspace over most of Europe for about a week. There is still uncertainty about other volcanoes, and whether or not airspace will be locked out again. Ash is once again in my life. Seven years ago our household goods became ash in a moving fire. Now ash has stopped hundreds of thousands of people in their tracks, all of whom had to wait and travel an unexpected journey. Some have missed weddings, lost jobs, and missed family. At the same time, I was wondering what would happen if the volcano continued erupting until we needed to fly. Things look good for our travel at the moment. God has helped me with my doubts, but I still need lots of prayers. This is an unexpected journey with unimaginable ups and downs, but He'll help me through.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Gran Quivira

Fantasy Vs. Reality