I Don't Condone Graffiti...

This, my friends, is the "John Lennon Peace Wall" in Prague. I hesitated to post a photo of the wall, for fear that it would indicate my endorsement of the messages scribbled in colorful madness. Finally, I found a photo of the wall that blurs most of the messages. Just know that I'm posting this for a different reason. This otherwise normal wall became an outlet in the early 1980s not long after John Lennon's death. The messages have transformed over the years, but the general secular ideas of "peace" remain. However, there isn't much peace, in my opinion, in a wall filled with disarray. The peace that is so often referred to is not a perfect peace. The peace desired by society is unattainable; someone is always challenging another person's rights and beliefs. Perfect peace, peace in our spirit, no matter what is going on in the world, comes from Christ. Galatians 5:22 & 23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Gran Quivira

Fantasy Vs. Reality