A View of Prague

I'm not sure where in the city this photo was taken, but it gives a beautiful glimpse into the world of Prague. My "history" with the Czech Republic is an interesting one. My fifth grade teacher had each of us study a different European country, write a report and display a booth at a "fair" in our classroom. I don't remember how exactly we got to choose our countries, but I do remember all the "cool" countries were taken when it was my turn to make the choice: Italy, France, Germany, Spain, Ireland. Our sheltered fifth grade class knew about Italy. After all, who hadn't had lasagne and pizza, right? And who didn't know about French accents? But Czechoslovakia (as it was still called then) was nowhere on our radar. That's the country I picked. I learned about the country, did the report, but was disappointed that I didn't get something I was more familiar with. Little did I know that I would someday live in Germany and have the opportunity to visit Prague. Brian and I took my Mom with us; and she remembered the fifth grade project as well. I knew this was a great opportunity when I saw what all the city (and the country) had to offer. People were friendly, there was a deep history, and a lot of culture packed into the capital. Now I look forward to doing my own research, and visiting more of this beautiful country.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Gran Quivira

Fantasy Vs. Reality