Bzzz!

When we were in Vienna, Brian and I visited one of the most comprehensive natural history and science museums I have ever seen! On the top floor there were rooms and rooms of animal, ocean, fowl, and insect specimens. The live bee exhibit was the most fascinating. They had two places in the exhibit for live bees: one was a hive behind a sliding magnifier and the other was a treed in hive encased in glass. You can see in the picture below that there is a tube from the hive to the outdoors where bees can come and go. Let me make this clear: there was nothing between the bees and us but glass. So naturally my thoughts wandered and I thought: what if someone breaks the glass? We're going to have a museum full of bees!
Fortunately, things went as they should and no glass was broken, no bees escaped. I have to admit, watching God's creation up close in a new way was pretty cool. And to those who are wondering, no, there were no honey samples. Fortunately there are grocery stores, where honey is safely brought to us in clean, neat jars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Gran Quivira

Fantasy Vs. Reality