Hmm...Can I Be Thankful?

Last week I posted about giving thanks in all circumstances. This weekend, my sentiments were tested when we went to Valkenburg, Netherlands, to see the Christmas Markets. What you have is a view from our hotel. The actual Christmas Market photos will come starting next week. Right now, though, I want to tell you it was difficult to give thanks at this hotel. Now I'm usually a laid back traveler, and I love European hotels in general. I like the unique buildings, the tasty breakfasts, and cozy rooms. But when we arrived and they told us that we needed to let them know if the room was too cold, I knew I was in for an adventure. The room was too cold for Brian, if that tells you anything. Usually he's the hot natured one, and I'm the one who is always cold. This attic room, though cute and cozy, was not warm. We froze, and turned on the shower at one point to let some steam from the hot water to heat the room. I thought of my blog, and giving thanks in all circumstances. I thanked God for the hot water, and even the next morning when there was a large puddle in the floor due to the poorly constructed shower curtain/tub arrangement (we tried to keep the shower curtain in), I thanked God once more that at least we had a shower.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lion Mural

Gran Quivira

Fantasy Vs. Reality